10 December - 23 January 2017
Solo 41 is a sensational exhibition featuring the diverse work of 11 invited New Zealand artists. The range of works is truly amazing;
- contemporary paintings by Michael Browne
- brooding landscapes from Suzanne Herschell
- vibrant still life works of Trevor Pye
- a six panel momumentous work by Keil Cas (as well as seven large ceramic urns)
- whimsical still life painting and a series of works featuring native birds by Mark David Manning
- dramatic works interpreting Maori art by Selwyn Vercoe with a supporting video work from Sarah Riley-Curtis
- powerful and personal bronze and aluminium sculptures by Brett Rangitaawa
- free formed and blown glass works by Tony Keupfer
- sweeping landscape paintings from Mehrdad Tahan, and
- photorealistic landscapes of Kevin Hislop.
This first week has been a real success – a number of works have already been snapped up and the comments from the viewing public are all very complimentary.
You can check out a selection of the works here.
The exhibition is open daily from 10 am at the Academy Galleries,
Queens Wharf, Wellington.
There’s something for everyone - we’d love to see you.
28 January - 12 February 2017
We’re calling for entries for a members’ Art Sale.
After Solo 41 closes on 23 January 2017, the gallery is available to members for a 16 day cash and carry art sale commencing on 28 January. This is a chance to exhibit new and exhibited works.
This is a cash and carry so we’re relaxing the criteria about the number of works you can submit –bring in up to three works for a concessional $50 all up (or $40 all up for small 3D works).
To download the entry form, please click here.
If we have extra works available, sold works will be replaced ensuring all are shown during the exhibition - remember this exhibition is a "cash and carry" - once its sold it is gone.
We now have a mailing list for people interested in our newsletters, exhibition programme and special offers.
BECOME AN ACADEMY MEMBER.
To find out more, please click here.
For sales enquiries contact Marc Pettie
For any other enquiries, please click here.