(Images kindly provided by artists from At a Distance: Waiheke Looks our Way. An exhibition in Gallery Three before its rebranding that made good use of the opportunity to combine 2D and 3D work in a light-filled gallery.)
From the 8th of February 2013, our permanent hireage gallery, LightSpace, will be available to artists. Previously known as ‘Gallery Three,’ this space will expand and strengthen the Academy’s offering of contemporary art and provide opportunities for emerging and more established artists to develop projects and show new work.
· We seek to provide a contemporary and high-quality exhibition programme that generates and encourages ongoing artistic practice alongisde and beyond our main exhibition programme.
· We aim to profile and develop worthy artists.
· We aim to bring to light specialist and often neglected areas of interest in the arts and their development.
· We aim to create a programme that arouses the interest of a younger and more diverse group of artists.
· We aim to book exhibitions in such a way that (as much as possible) there is something to see when the main gallery programme is closed.
Make a Proposal
· Please submit a proposal that will be reviewed by the Academy’s Director, Warren Feeney and Curator, Jodie Dalgleish. Necessary information includes: a CV or biography, outlining past exhibitions or projects together with a cover letter including contact details; a full explanation of the exhibition concept with indicative images of the work that would be included; and an indication of preferred season dates. An outline of points to be considered in the writing of an exhibition concept will be provided to artists.
- A Floor Plan is attached to this page.
· If a proposal is accepted, the curator will respond directly to applicants with any suggestions and possible dates for their exhibition. Lightspace exhibitions will ideally run for a period of three weeks at a cost of $617 plus GST per week (a total of $1,850 plus GST for three weeks). Commission will be taken on the sale of work at the rate of 33.33%. Proposals from a group of artists are also welcome, but please bear in mind that the total running space for hanging is 33.15ms. Exhibitions that combine 2D and 3D work will be able to optimise both hanging and floor space (64 sq m downstairs).
|LightSpace Floorplan V2.jpg||258.48 KB|